Visiting the McDowall Ward Office
The McDowall Ward Office is located at Shops 5 & 6, Rode Shopping Centre, 271 Appleby Road, Stafford Heights QLD 4053.
I’m always available to meet with local residents to hear about any feedback, concerns or ideas you have for your Council. I can often be found at the Ward Office which is open 8:30AM – 4:30PM Monday to Friday. I’ll also often be out and about meeting with residents or Council Officers, attending community events or representing McDowall Ward in the Council Chamber. My friendly staff are always happy to help if I’m not around, and you can always book in a time to come and visit me (or have me come and visit you!) by visiting the Ward Office, calling me on 3403 7690 or emailing McDowall.Ward@bcc.qld.gov.au
WHAT’S ON OFFER AT THE WARD OFFICE
The McDowall Ward Team are here to help with anything you need. Some popular requests which receive include:
- Dump Vouchers: Dump vouchers are now available to Landlords and Tenants. You should have receive 10 x 100kg dump vouchers in the mail during late July/early August 2020. If you need more, just pop down to the Ward Office with some photo ID and we can try to help you out.
- Bus Timetables: if you need a bus time table printed (or mailed to you) I’m always happy to help.
- Graffiti Kits: Council provide free Graffiti Kits at each Ward Office in case you find someone has graffitied your property. If you see graffiti on public property, give the Ward Office or the Council Contact Centre (3403 8888) a call and we will get onto it ASAP!
- Free Native Plant Vouchers: Council provide ratepayers two free native plants each financial year as part of our goal of keeping Brisbane clean, green and sustainable. If you’re a renter you can also collect your free native plants vouchers from the Ward Office – just bring along confirmation from your landlord or leasing agent.
- Kitchen Compost Caddies: The Ward Office is always well-stocked with Council’s free, 3-litre kitchen compost caddies. You can use these to store food scraps and recycle them as compost – you can drop the contents off at one of our local Compost Collection Hubs. We’re lucky enough to have two hubs in McDowall Ward – one at Downfall Creek Bushland Centre (815 Rode Road, Chermside West) and The Nest Community Garden Project (720 South Pine Road, Everton Park).
About McDowall Ward
McDowall Ward includes all of Bridgeman Downs, Everton Park and McDowall, as well as parts of Aspley, Chermside West, Stafford and Stafford Heights.
A popular family area, the ward’s many local facilities and easy access to the City and surrounding areas has ensured the attraction of the ward remains strong to many new Brisbane residents.
Residents are serviced by a variety of services in the ward and in surrounding suburbs, and regular bus services are available for those who require public transport.
Numerous public and private schools in neighbouring suburbs complement the ward’s excellent schools.
Locals have access to a variety of barbecue and picnic spots and a number of walk and bike ways.
The ward is comprised of medium density unit complexes as well as renovated houses, workers cottages, through to more modern brick and tile homes with plenty of generous-sized back yards.
Aqua parks and water play areas
Brisbane City Council has 22 pools and many water play areas. These locations provide opportunities for hours of water-based fun for kids and toddlers.
The water play areas have a range of features to keep kids cool and entertained including slides, mushroom fountains, drop buckets, lily pads, worms, bubblers, and water jets.
Our 22 pools offer something for all ages and abilities from dedicated lap swimmers or those just learning. Enjoy wading pools, water play facilities, swimming lessons, aqua aerobics, indoor and outdoor pools and more.
Whether at a pool or aqua park, don’t forget to be sun smart – slip, slop, slap, seek and slide.
Find skate parks for skateboarders, bladers and BMX bike riders in Brisbane City Council parks and facilities.
Council delivered three skate facilities and an upgrade to an existing skate facility in 2018. To find out more about each skate facility and community consultation information visit skate park projects.
Schools and Kindergartens
- Aspley State School
- Everton Park Kindergarten
- Everton Park State High School
- Everton Park State School
- Goodstart Early Learning, Stafford Heights
- McDowall State School
- Northside Christian College, Everton Park
- Prince of Peace Lutheran College, Everton Park
- Queen of Apostles School – Early Years Campus, Stafford
- Queen of Apostles, Stafford
- Stafford Heights Kindergarten
- Stafford Heights State School
- Tumble Tots Kindergarten, Stafford Heights
(Please note, this list includes both clubs based in and around McDowall Ward)
- Aspley Athletics
- Aspley Hornets Football Club
- Aspley Leagues Club
- Aspley Little Athletics
- Aspley Memorial Bowls Club
- Brisbane Brother JRLFC (Stafford)
- Brisbane Irish Rugby Football Club (Everton Park)
- Brisbane North Junior Cricket Club
- Club Coops (Tennis – Carseldine)
- Darien Street Sports Park
- Dipadees Swim School
- Everton Districts Cricket Club
- Everton Park Bowls and Community Club
- Everton Park Rugby Union Club (Enoggera Memorial Park)
- Everton Wolves Junior Australian Football Club
- Infinity Martial Arts – Everton Park
- Kedron Lions Netball Club
- Kick It Touch Football Stafford
- Metropolitan North School Sport
- Mitchelton Football Club
- Northern Suburbs Pony Club
- Northside Christian Football Club Inc
- PCYC Hills District (Arana Hills)
- Stafford Bowls Club Sports and Community Centre Inc
- Stafford Stingers Swim Club
- Strafford Stingers Swim Club
- Valley’s Rugby League Club (Grange)
- Voxon Oval
- Wilston-Grange Australian Football Club Inc
- Wilston Norths Junior Cricket Club
- Wolter Park Football Club
- Woods Tennis
- YMCA Gymnastics Stafford
Churches & Religious Organisations
- Anglican Parish of Aspley-Albany Creek
- Aspley Uniting Church
- Bayan Friends Church Everton Park
- Bridgeman Baptist Community Church
- Bridgeman Christian Outreach Centre
- C3 Church Bridgeman Downs
- Everton Park Presbyterian Reformed Church
- Hills Church McDowall
- Kedron Brook Christadelphians
- Kingdom Hall Jehovah’s Witnesses
- MyChurch Brisbane, Everton Park
- Nexus Church
- Our Lady of The Immaculate Conception Catholic Church
- St Clement’s on the Hill Anglican Church (Stafford)
- St Gerard Majella Catholic Church
- Stafford Heights Baptist Church
Download the Report of McDowall Ward
Please note: Report shows all of Aspley when only parts of Aspley are in McDowall Ward.